Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Restaurant: Asian Spoon

Whenever I go to downtown area with my friend, we always pass by this alley where there's an even smaller alley leading to this hidden restaurant called Asian Spoon.

On my friend's birthday, we decided to go to the downtown, go shopping and have dinner. We first bought our lattes from a cafe our friend is working at and then we were supposed to eat at The Rice Story but it was already closed.

We then decided to finally satisfy our curiosity about the hidden restaurant a.k.a Asian Spoon.


The photo on top was the view from the outside of the restaurant. It had a homey exterior but you'll have to pass by a small alley before you can reach it. The interior also has a homey feel but the air conditioning was poor. (maybe because we arrived near closing time)

The server gave us soup and bread for appetizer. The soup is quite good but it was like the instant ones from pouch.The bread was okay.

When I got my seafood risotto, one word to describe it is --indulgence. It was unhealthy and yummy, the whole topping was covered with mozzarella cheese. The rice was rich with cream. The shrimps had proper cooking, soft but not rubbery. It's a great risotto but not for calorie-conscious people like me. 

The food was okay, but because we arrived 45 minutes before closing time, we experienced a not-so welcoming treatment from the servers. Maybe they were just tired but I felt their impatience while waiting for us to finish our meal.

I recommend this restaurant to be visited by daytime, but certainly not on late dinner time. Food is good. I will visit again next time and see if people will be nicer with the sun out. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment